The talk was based on a blog post I read titled
Choosing Ember Over React in 2016.
After I read that article, I started thinking about the reasons why I chose Angular 2 over React. One of the main reasons
was that every single thing you might need to do in an application requires you to make a technology decision with React.
framework, it's hard to make those decisisons without having a frame of reference or not knowing what 90% of those
technologies do. That problem does not exist in Angular. You do everything the Angular Way ™
Aside from the required technology decisions, there are a few other places where I see Angular taking the advantage:
- TypeScript > JSX
- Angular CLI
- The Angular documentation is better than the React documentation
- Not having to keep up with all the different libraries that do *insert thing here* in React
Angular does have its own set of downsides though:
- There's a large API surface area, so there's lots to learn
- Learning all of the ng-WhatHaveYous
- It can be heavy if you don't use Ahead of Time compilation/Lazy Loading/Tree shaking